This sweet and creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie is easy to make with almond milk, oats and vanilla protein powder! It’s a super refreshing breakfast or snack that’s high in protein and fiber! You’ll fall in love with it.
Satisfying Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
I will never get tired of drinking protein smoothies. Whether it’s before an evening workout or first thing in the morning, it hits the spot like nothing else and makes me feel amazing. This strawberry banana masterpiece is one of my very favorite drinks!
It’s like sipping on a tall glass of summer, only you can enjoy it year-round. You just need a blender and 5 minutes to make it happen! And if you’re ever looking to change things up, you can easily adapt this smoothie to suit your cravings.
Are Strawberry Banana Smoothies Good for You?
Not every smoothie is created equal, but this recipe keeps things nice and healthy. It doesn’t use any refined sugars or artificial flavorings, which are actually more common in smoothies than you might think. Well, not in this case!
The bananas and strawberries contain tons of vitamins, antioxidants and potassium to nourish your body. The oats are rich in both protein and fiber, and the unsweetened almond milk keeps things dairy-free and vegan. Overall, you can absolutely count on this smoothie as a good-for-you snack.
What You’ll Need
Let’s talk about the ingredients you’ll need for this strawberry banana smoothie in a little more detail. Feel free to make swap-outs and additions if you’d like.
- Banana: I like to use a banana that has just begun to brown. If it’s underripe, it won’t be as sweet and flavorful.
- Strawberries: These should be frozen.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Or any other milk you have on hand.
- Oats: Either rolled oats or quick oats will work, though I generally prefer rolled oats. Steel-cut oats are too tough and dense.
- Water: Filtered.
- Ice: To help thicken the smoothie
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Use your go-to brand.
Shop This Recipe
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I wasn’t lying when I said you just need a few minutes and a blender to bring this smoothie to life. It could not be more simple!
Blend Ingredients: Add the almond milk, water, protein powder, oats, banana, strawberries and ice to your blender and pulse until smooth.
Enjoy! Pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish it with sliced bananas or strawberries if desired.
Tips for Success
Before you whip up this fruity protein smoothie, be sure to look over the helpful tips below.
- Add a Natural Sweetener if Desired: If you want to make your smoothie sweeter, add a liquid sweetener such as pure maple syrup, agave nectar or honey. Blend in a small amount at a time until you’re satisfied.
- Make it Thicker: For thicker smoothie, use frozen banana slices and start with 1/3 cup of water rather than 1/2 cup. Once everything is blended, add additional water if necessary.
- More Strawberry Flavor: Just add in 2-4 more strawberries for a more intense strawberry flavor.
- Double the Recipe: Making smoothies for multiple people? Simply double or triple the recipe as needed!
- Make it Chocolate: No shame in the chocolate game. Just sub out the vanilla protein powder for chocolate protein powder or add in a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
There are so many yummy things you can throw into this smoothie! Here are just a few ideas:
- Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Matcha Powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Açaí Berries
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Can I Make This Smoothie in Advance?
If you’d like, you can make your strawberry banana smoothie up to 24 hours ahead of time. Keep it in a mason jar in the fridge and shake it well before enjoying it. You can also freeze your smoothie for up to 3 months using the method below.
Pour your smoothie into an ice tray and freeze it until it’s frozen solid, then transfer the frozen cubes to an airtight container. You could also freeze the smoothie directly in the container if you leave extra space for expansion. Thaw out your smoothie in the fridge, shake it thoroughly and drink up!
This sweet and creamy Strawberry Banana Smoothie is easy to make with almond milk, oats and vanilla protein powder! It’s a super refreshing breakfast or snack that’s high in protein and fiber! You’ll fall in love!
- 1/2 banana
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Add banana, strawberries, ice, almond milk, water, oats and protein powder to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve. (optional: top with sliced bananas or strawberries)
- To Store: Refrigerate smoothie in a mason jar for up to 24 hours and shake well before enjoying.
- To Freeze: Pour smoothie into an ice tray and freeze until frozen solid, then transfer frozen cubes to an airtight container. Alternatively, freeze smoothie directly in container, leaving space for expansion. Thaw in the fridge and shake thoroughly before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 35 g
- Sodium: 486 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 74 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: banana berry smoothie, vegan smoothies, protein smoothie, fruit smoothie
More Healthy Breakfast Smoothies to Try
Craving another cold and refreshing smoothie? Say no more.